Collaborative Divorce in Westchester County, NY
Collaborative divorce is a cooperative process where the couples agree not to pursue litigation. The goal of collaborative divorce is to find an agreement through a combined effort. Both you and your spouse enter into a participation agreement whereby you agree to certain rules of conduct and not to pursue litigation.
If you are considering a collaborative divorce, you should hire an attorney skilled in collaborative law. The divorce law firm of Novenstern Fabriani & Gaudio, LLP can help you and your spouse come to a mutually beneficial agreement without the need for litigation. Collaborative law involves a binding agreement where a couple hires specially trained divorce lawyers to represent them. The spouses agree not to go to court and together with counsel strive to resolve any and all conflict through cooperation instead of competitiveness
Benefits of a collaborative divorce
Collaborative divorce has many advantages over a traditional divorce. A collaborative divorce includes the following benefits:
- Less fighting: Collaborative law encourages cooperation and less hostility.
- Quicker: A collaborative divorce is significantly quicker than the long and often drawn out typical divorce procedure.
- Less expensive: Since collaborative divorce can achieve a more amicable result in a shorter amount of time, it is more cost effective than divorce.
- More comfortable environment: With collaborative law you attend several meetings with your representative, your spouse and his or her advocate, and the environment you negotiate in is less formal than a courtroom.
If you are involved in a divorce or contemplating one, you should research and compare law firms in your area. The law firm you choose should have the following attributes:
- Experience: Hire a law firm that has experience with divorce cases similar to yours.
- Knowledge: The law firm you choose should have substantial knowledge in matrimonial and family law. Additionally, they should be able to help you determine if you have grounds for a divorce.
- Specialization: You should hire a law firm that specializes in collaborative divorce in Westchester County.
How do I inquire more about a collaborative divorce?
If you would like to receive more information on the collaborative process for a Westchester County divorce, you should contact a skilled lawyer as soon as possible. Novenstern Fabriani & Gaudio, LLP looks forward to answering your questions and guiding you through the process of a collaborative divorce. Contact us today and speak to a talented divorce attorney who can provide you with personalized legal care and professionalism.
You can count on us
Novenstern Fabriani & Gaudio, LLP is eager to help you navigate confidently through all aspects of collaborative divorce law. We look forward to providing you with the experience and skill you deserve.